• Product Managers.
• Marketing Managers.
• Growth Managers.
• R&D Managers.
• Product Heads.
• Senior Designers.
• UX Designers.
• Design Engineers.
• Creative Managers.
• UX Design Consultants.
• Art Directors.
• C-Suite executives.
• Innovation and Growth Consultants.
Innovate or die! That is the mantra of many fast moving and successful companies, especially in this world of high-speed interconnectivity. The question organizations face to stay relevant in today’s environment is how to establish a culture of innovation and creative problem solving.
Design thinking, an approach to both innovation and creative problem solving is becoming the go-to approach for forward thinking organizations. What is design thinking? Design thinking is an iterative approach to solving problems with cross-functional teams led by facilitators.
This course presents an introduction to the design thinking approach and mindset using highly interactive exercises that give the participants a flavor for some of the techniques and methods of design thinking that waken the innovative and problem-solving abilities within each of us.
The program focuses on the following objectives:
1. Discover design thinking and the types of problems it helps solve.
2. Develop an empathetic mind-set – understanding the problem from the user’s perspective.
3. Generate deep insights to reframe understanding of the problem.
4. Apply ideation – rapid generation and refinement of concepts for solutions.
5. Move from concepts to potential solutions by prototyping.
1. Understand the concepts of design thinking approaches.
2. Create design thinking teams and conduct design thinking sessions.
3. Apply both critical thinking and design thinking in parallel to solve problems.
4. Apply some design thinking concepts to daily work.
- Design Thinking Overview
• What Is different About Design thinking?
• Design thinking skills.
• Design thinking mindset.
• Principles of design thinking.
- General Approaches to Design Thinking
• The Basis for Design Thinking.
• Design Thinking Frameworks.
• The Design Thinking Team.
• Design Thinking Workshops and Meetings.
- A Design Thinking Approach in Stages
• Apply the Design Thinking Frameworks.
• Empathize with the Customers and/or Users.
• Define the Problem.
• Prototype Alternate Solutions.
• Test the Solutions.
- Design Thinking Techniques
• Listening and empathizing techniques.
• Define and ideation techniques.
• Prototype and test techniques.
- General Design Thinking Practices
• Visualization techniques and diagrams.
• Story telling techniques.
- Adopt and Adapt Design Thinking
• Cautions and pitfalls.
• Best Practices.